We are home!
Actually we have been home since late Monday night. But life has been a whirlwind the past couple of days and this is the first opportunity I've had to post anything. We are exhausted but the joy of finally all being together as a family of four makes it all worthwhile.
It was an ironic feeling for Phil and I as we flew back into the United States. For two people who love travel, different cultures, and dream of living abroad, we were overly ecstatic to be home. We had prepared for this moment of bringing our new child home for some time. But I don't think anyone could have explained to us the host of emotions we would experience. Our entrance into the airport was welcomed by some of the sweetest loving Faithie hugs and kisses I can ever remember recieving. Faith was so thrilled to see her mommy and daddy and within minutes had assumed the most genuine overbearing love and protectiveness for Joel. Joel seems to really be embracing her as well.
Our lives will never be the same. Truly. We are loving ever minute of our time together as a new family of four. We laugh at our naivete as we reflect each day how different even bringing home a second child is than bringing home our first. I covet the idea of "sleep when they sleep", but then remember just because one of them is asleep doesn't mean they both are....especially when one of them thinks 2:00-6:00 a.m. is the perfect time for play! :-)
But really, in all seriousness...we want to thank you all for your prayers while we were away... God's grace sustained us through the unforseen difficulties of our travel and has provided us with more reasons to rejoice than we can count. We are a grateful people!
P.S. I will try to post some "at home" pics soon. In the meantime, Sarah Baker posted a great slideshow on her blog of our arrival at the airport...you might check it out... http://www.lifeasabaker.blogspot.com/ (Her son is in the first pics with Faith,...Joel comes later in the brown-striped shirt).
I am so glad you are home!!! This is great news!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless!
Debbie